PTA WANTS YOU!!!
Want to get more involved in the Holy Spirit community? Want to be among the first to know what's going on at school? Got some great ideas to make Holy Spirit an even better place? PTA is looking for a president (or co-presidents!) for the 2018-2019 school year.
The PTA president does things like:
- Coordinating with the school principal, PTA Secretary, and PTA Treasurer to help guide PTA activities for the year (see calendar below)
- Help welcome new families and answer any questions they may have
- Bring ideas, concerns, and suggestions from the Holy Spirit parent community to PTA meetings for discussion
- Facilitate monthly PTA meetings (typically 1st Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Commons - but TBD for next year)
- Assist in communicating information about PTA events to the community and attending events, when possible
- Provide input regarding other methods of enhancing communication between home and school.
2018-2019 PTA Sponsored Events and Hosting Grades (responsible for recruiting any needed volunteers for that one event):
- 8/29/18: Back to School Night/Used Uniform Sale, 4–7 p.m.
- 9/4/18: 1st Day of School Coffee and Donuts (Grades 1-8), 8 a.m.
- 9/10/18: 1st Day of School Coffee and Donuts (Preschool and K), 8 a.m.
- 9/12/18: MS Parent Night, 6:30 p.m.
- 9/18/18: K-5 Parent Night, 6:30 p.m.
- 9/28/18: Preschool - 2nd Grade Pizza Night, 6 p.m.
- 10/11/18: New Parent Welcome Night, 6:30 p.m.
- 10/5/18: Marathon Day Ice Cream Social, 3 p.m.
- 10/15/18: Dinners for Middle School Conferences, 4:30 p.m.
- 10/26/18, Pizza and Pumpkins (NOS ticketed event), 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Date TBD: Dr. Kahn Speaker Event, 7 p.m.
- 11/28/18: Dinners for K-5 Conferences, 4:30 p.m.
- 1/9/18: Dinners for Middle School Conferences, 4:30 p.m.
- 1/4/19: Movie Night, 6 p.m.
- 1/28-2/1/19: Catholic Schools Week
- Date TBD: School Play Concessions Stand, 7 p.m.
- 2/27/19: Dinners for K-5 Conferences, 4:30 p.m.
- 2/27-2/28/19: Used Uniform Sale, 3 p.m.
- 5/6 - 5/10/19: Staff Appreciation Week
- 6/7/19: Last Day of School Ice Cream Social, 10 a.m.
For more information, contact Dr. Adrian.