- Mar. 12 | Archbishop Hebda's Dispensation Letter
- Mar. 18 | Archbishop Hebda's Mass Suspension Letter: All public Masses and liturgies have been suspended until further notice.
- Mar. 24 | Daily Update
Mar. 26 | Archbishop Hebda's Invitation to Watch Pope Francis' Extraordinary Blessing
- Pope Francis has offered an extraordinary blessing “urbi et orbi” (to the city and the world) on Friday, Mar. 27, which comes with the opportunity to receive a plenary indulgence under certain conditions. Learn more>
- Archbishop Bernard Hebda offered the following statement in response to Gov. Walz’s Stay-at-Home Order.
- Families are encouraged to hold a prayer service for the fifth Sunday of Lent (Mar. 29). View the directions>
As the Archbishop states, “Lent calls us to more fervent prayer, fasting and almsgiving.” Church of the Holy Spirit will keep these things as our focus during the final weeks of Lent.
- Try something new this Lent. Check out our Virtual Resources page and watch Father Haugan's Mid-Week Message for ideas.
Consider supporting those who are in a perpetual state of physical hunger.
- Donate to the CRS Rice Bowl. Rice bowls are available at the church and in the parish office. Donations may be made at crsricebowl.org.
- Local homeless people still need your support; please consider making a financial donation to support those who are hungry. Envelopes can be sent directly to the parish office. They must be marked “Sandwich Project.”
With Masses suspended, our collection basket has seen a steep decline. The church is still in operational mode and needs your continued support. Please consider additional financial support at this time to make-up for the decline in funds received this month.
- Consider giving online—it’s easy to do! Simply visit the Electronic Offertory page.
- Mail your donation envelopes to the parish office at 515 South Albert Street, Saint Paul, MN 55116.
- Honor a loved one with an Easter flower memorial donation. Make your donation and add your loved one’s name(s). Names received by Apr. 2 will be included in the Easter bulletin.
Parish Wish List: Consider giving to one of the many needs of the parish that fall outside the regular budget:
- Buy lunch for the Totus Tuus college missionaries during Vacation Bible School ($50 per day for 5 days)
- Pay for a child to attend Totus Tuus Vacation Bible School ($40 per child)
- Provide scholarship funds for a middle school-aged child to participate in Summer Stretch ($175 per child)
- Tool chest for maintenance staff ($60)
- Contribute to the refurbishment of original confessionals in the church. (Total project cost is approximately $2000)
Thank you in advance for your generosity! Donations may be mailed to the parish office. Please clearly note that your donation is for the parish wish list.
Cancellations Due to Health Concerns
- Coffee and Donut Fellowship on first and third Sundays
- Soup and Sandwich Luncheons following 11 a.m. Stations of the Cross on Fridays during Lent
- Fish Fry Dinner on Friday, Mar. 27
- Choir Practice on weeknights
As we continue to receive advice from health officials and the Archdiocese, parish events and activities will be updated accordingly. Please continue to pray for the sick and those who have worry and anxiety over the COVID-19 crisis.